Development Officer Position Available
Updated: Nov 13
CIELO has a new position available for a Development Officer. Please read overview and description. We encourage candidates who fit position qualifications and represent CIELO's mission and values to apply. Please apply on the following links below.
In partnership with Executive Director, the Development Officer will spearhead fundraising efforts as CIELO continues to grow. A new position, the Development Officer will have the opportunity to build the Development position. The Development Officer will develop short-term and long-term fundraising plans, while incorporating CIELO’s policies and procedures, mission and vision in development and implementation of those plans.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· Identify, research, and cultivate funding sources and relationships to include corporate, foundation, religious and community organizations, and individuals in support of CIELO and its activities.
· Develop solicitation materials and prepare funding applications to various sources.
o Report requirements of secured funding to ED and/or Leadership team.
· Establish and implement an annual calendar of fundraising and grant-writing activities to include organizations and program special events.
· Secure financial investment from individuals, corporations, and corporations, meeting or exceeding annual budgeted goals.
· Develop and steward ongoing donor relationships.
· Oversee special events.
· Manage and oversee LGL data entry and prompt gift processing and acknowledgement.
· Develop, track proposals and reports for foundations and corporate donors.
· Provides professional leadership and training to board and staff, particularly in major donor stewardship and development.
· BA, CFRE preferred
· 5 years Development experience
· Demonstrated results in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
· Knowledge of donor database
· Experience in successful online and social media development is a plus
· Intermediate MS skills
· Able to lift 40 lbs.
· A sensitivity to and ability to respond appropriately to cultural differences of donors, prospects, and staff
· Ability to work independently and to take the initiative in job related activities
· Willingness to take direction
· Ability to work well with others and establish respectful relationships