Development Officer Position Available
Updated: Dec 31, 2020
Are you passionate about advancing equity and social justice for Latino immigrants and others, living on the margins of our community?
CIELO invites applicants for its new Development Officer position. We are looking for someone with experience who can communicate the heart of our mission and ensure that all fundraising activities are consistent with our vision, values, and policies.
About CIELO: Founded in 1996, CIELO has been serving the steadily growing Latino population of South Puget Sound for 25 years. We have developed into an integrated, multi-faceted agency designed to meet the complex needs of Latino immigrants with a holistic approach that addresses these needs. All clients bring their distinct challenges, hopes, and strengths as they navigate the systems of American life. CIELO’s Education and Client Services programs provide opportunities to acquire the skills and knowledge and the advocacy and counseling our clients seek to better their lives and the lives of their children. Our diverse and inclusive community offers a welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn, heal and thrive.
In partnership with Executive Director, the Development Officer will spearhead fundraising efforts as CIELO continues to grow. A new position, the Development Officer will have the opportunity to build the Development position. The Development Officer will develop short-term and long-term fundraising plans, while incorporating CIELO’s policies and procedures, mission and vision in development and implementation of those plans.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· Identify, research, and cultivate funding sources and relationships to include corporate, foundation, religious and community organizations, and individuals in support of CIELO and its activities.
· Develop solicitation materials and prepare funding applications to various sources.
o Report requirements of secured funding to ED and/or Leadership team.
· Establish and implement an annual calendar of fundraising and grant-writing activities to include organizations and program special events.
· Secure financial investment from individuals, corporations, and corporations, meeting or exceeding annual budgeted goals.
· Develop and steward ongoing donor relationships.
· Oversee special events.
· Manage and oversee LGL data entry and prompt gift processing and acknowledgement.
· Develop, track proposals and reports for foundations and corporate donors.
· Provides professional leadership and training to board and staff, particularly in major donor stewardship and development.
· BA, CFRE preferred
· 5 years Development experience
· Demonstrated results in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
· Knowledge of donor database
· Experience in successful online and social media development is a plus
· Intermediate MS skills
· Able to lift 40 lbs.
· A sensitivity to and ability to respond appropriately to cultural differences of donors, prospects, and staff
· Ability to work independently and to take the initiative in job related activities
· Willingness to take direction
· Ability to work well with others and establish respectful relationships