Job Opportunity at CIELO!
During the emergency we are living, we have responded to our call to continue to serve the Latino community. We have expanded our services to build bridges between the barriers that exist for our clients.
CIELO is looking for a temporary Community Navigator, this new position will serve our community in a 3 month contract
If you are interested in responding to this call, please send your resume and intention letter to email@example.com
Temporary Community Navigator
The Community Navigator’s role is to support the local community with filing applications for different programs, surveying the surrounding community and reaching out to clients to promote new programs.
· Participate in outreach to inform community members about the current assistance programs, connect to community members, recruit new clients, and support clients in application and booking for activities available.
· Maintain strong relationships with community leaders and providers.
· Conduct a high volume of intakes and provide ongoing follow up and case support to clients of our current community programs.
· Conduct strengths and needs assessments with clients of the community support program.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
o Bilingual English – Spanish required
o Central-South American Indigenous languages spoken is a plus.
· Personal computer literate and Microsoft Office sufficiency
· Awareness of community resources and services related to the client base.
· Ability to successfully complete any training required for the position.
· Strong communication and listening skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community members, service providers, and partnering agencies.
Required Education and Experience
At least two or more years of experience of community relevant experience
EEO Statement: CIELO is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: Hybrid Remote, In Office and In field during community Events
Travel Required: Up to 25% of travel within Thurston County. Needs a functioning vehicle to travel within the county for field events.